We’ve figured out our Particle board and worked with some basic outputs (LEDs), now it’s time to turn our attention to sensors.
Sensors allow us to convert environmental considitions to electicity which our Particle board. They let us know the world around our board - reading light levels, noise, temperature and even gas particles in the air!
In this section, we’re going to exlore how to get useful information from the world around our board through this wonderful things!
Components you will need
A PIR Sensor
A Temperature Sensor
Optional: A Force Sensitive Resistor (FSR).
- Guide: Understanding Sensors
- Guide: Reading from Sensors: Using analogRead
- Guide: Resistive Sensors and Pull Down Resistors
- Guide: Particle Cloud and Variables
- Guide: Working with Sensor Data: map()
Step By Step
Follow these primers for working with different types of sensors: